Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'M SO EXCITED "Lady In the Water" July 21, 2006

Movie to watch...


For those of you who may not know me, being in video I LOVE MOVIES--and weird ones at that! This is a movie I have been reading about and waiting for over a year and a half to see! I am so excited. It's coming to theaters this month--July 21, 2006--I will be in Maui at the wedding. If we don't have filming at a certin time, then you can bet I will be in a theater watching Lady In The Water!

I love movies that are magical and mystical. They really help me to see things such as design, music, filming technics, and more to make your wedding videos unique and different. It always helps me to watch a movie before doing your wedding or to listen to something very weird and artsy. It gets me in the artsy filming mood LOL!

So you have to see this movie you guys! Anything M. Night Shyamalan makes is always full of surprises and amazing ideas!

5 comments:

JAM said...

What! You like movies? What a freak!

Just kidding.

I was doing some 'next blog' button surfing, and happened upon your blog. I was reading merrily along when I saw the word Ruston. Well, heck fire, there aren't very many Rustons in the world, and having gotten my edumacation at LaTech, I scrolled back up and there it was.

West Monroe.

I'm originally from Monroe and yours is the first Louisiana based site I've seen on here.

Keep up the good work!

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

"It always helps me to watch a movie before doing your wedding or listening to something very weird and artsy its like it gets me in the mood LOL!"

LOL, I thought I was the only one that did that. It's weird how it really does help in how we film and edit. Oh that reminds me, a really awesome movie I've been meaning to tell you about. Go rent "The Blue Butterfly". The cinematography was incredible and worth watching it for alone.

Lady in the Water should be great. M. Night rocks! A master at his craft for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh,

Funny you post that preview. By watching this, you think it's going to be a sweet, mystical movie, sort of like a Disney flick. The current previews are totally the opposite. Something about an evil wolf creature. Very freaky. The commercial came on TV and I told my wife (who hates scary movies or commercials for scary movies) not to be concerned (she wanted to fast forward). I told her "Sweetheart, this isn't a scary movie. It's nice." Then, the scary music and the wolf-creature scenes came up. Whoa! Where did that come from.

I still want to see it, but I wondered what the marketing people are thinking with that first preview.

Your friend,
Ron Dawson

Joshua Smith-Cinematographer said...

Thanks Guys!

laurenclark said...

Oh man, I saw this last night and it was AWESOME! I love weird movies too!