Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Maui Destination Wedding Trailer

Back in the middle of June, I announced that I was going to be filming a wedding and a photographer promo piece at a destination wedding in Maui. A few weeks ago I went down to Maui and had the opportunity to film Shae and Erica Hong's wedding and to film a promo piece for Me Ra Koh Photography, a husband and wife photography team from Washington state.

Towards the end of July, I flew down to the island of Maui and spent a few days with Me Ra and Brian. In addition to footage for the promo piece, I was able to catch some truly beautiful footage at the wedding! This wedding was chosen by VH1 to be featured on their new series, Fabulous Weddings, coming out in the fall. VH1 will be featuring some of my footage in the episode with Shae and Erica Hong, so I will keep everyone posted on when that will be airing. The couple had their wedding right next to the beach just before evening fell, setting up for an amazing Hawaiian sunset and beautiful lighting! At the reception, one of the original Backstreet Boys and a friend of the bride and groom, Phoenix Stone, sang for the Shae and Erica's first dance. So many things about the wedding added to the experience and atmosphere. I had a great time in Maui!

Here is the trailer for Shae and Erica's wedding in Maui. ENJOY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This definitely deserves a comment! With this video, you took everything to the next level. I applaud your hard work...keep it up! I pray that God continues to bless you with creativity.

Jessica C. Moritz said...

This is so amazingly beautiful!!! I'm not surprised your work will be featured on VH1. It's so gorgeous! Had to watch it a couple of times. tnx for sharing and keep on going. YOU R AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo beautiful. you are a truly young talented cinematographer.

Melanie said...

Truly Amazing, Josh!!

Anonymous said...

Joshua, What at great job your done with Shae and Erica's wedding. It is like the great movie you need to watch over and over. Thank you so much for making their wedding so special through your video. Best Wishes, Erica's "Mom"- Pam