Monday, April 02, 2007

WEDDING TRAILER



Hey Guys,
About two weeks ago, Lyn and I headed out to do a wedding on a rainy Saturday morning. We were really nervous about the weather because the wedding was outside of the bride Lindsey's house. Regardless, Lyn and I drove up and the setting was so beautiful with the dark clouds and the feel of a country-style wedding. We started filming as Lindsey got ready, and later we were able to capture some great shots of her running through the cool field and viewing the beautiful landscape. As the time for the ceremony approached and for everything to begin, it was still rainy and dark-looking. Of course, though, we proceeded as normal despite the threat of rain. As soon as the couple said their vows, the sky opened up and the sun broke through over the hill--it was a m a z i n g and the timing was perfect. It was as if the heavens opened up the moment they made their vows between each other.

After the ceremony, we headed to the back of the house to film the reception, which was really nice. Tents dotted the landscape. They had really GOOD looking cakes and a variety of desserts. They even had some that they mixed up on top of a fire with ice cream, cake, etc.--I never can remember what that is called! lol. Lyn and I both had a great time filming the day. Lindsey & Lee were great to work with along with their really nice photographer, Mary Dawson, from www.mdawsonphoto.com.

Outside weddings are always so beautiful because of the amazing colors we are able to capture during the day and the way the light causes shadows in different times of the day. I am a big fan of natural lighting--I find it so romantic and very pleasing to the eyes. Anyways, I hope you guys like the trailer for their wedding. I really went with a vintagy, dark feel to it which I believe complimented the weather that day!

4 comments:

Corine Tran said...

Awesome as always!

Scraps to Wraps said...

I soooo wish you had been able to film Laura and Kaleb's wedding.

I can't wait to see what you do with their pictures.

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! I found high-speed internet at a cool coffee shop/restaurant...and got to watch the video :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say...GREAT JOB, JOSH! I'd love to see more from this wedding...maybe a few more shots in color to get a feel for the personality of the wedding (if that makes sense).

Hope you have a great day/night!

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

You're so amazing!